Hockey Lives Here
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hockey Lives Here

NHL 2012-2013

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleanup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flames92
Simulator
Flames92

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2012, 11:26 pm

We've been looking at the forum and how to improve it and we realized that there are too many sections making things way to complicated. Half the people are losing interest in the forum since they have to go through 10 different sections. I noticed that this is also annoying if you are browsing the website from your phone, if you have to go through each forum it can take quite long.

We've deleted the forums: Questions or Suggestions, Announcements, Absences and Complaints and have decided to put it all into this one section (No point in having 3 topics in a forum section). So for now on if you have a question you can create a new topic here (or ask it in the discussion section). if you are going to be absent for a certain period post a new topic here, if you have a complaint (someone plays ur CPU or leaves the game) you make a new topic and so on....

As for the announcements we will preview them with and (Announcement:) label in front of them. Well also keep you updated on the message board on the xbox.

The forum has slowly been getting less active and we feel this is one of the reasons. We hope that this changes things and we are also going to create a new thread very soon that will show you people's online status from the forum so you can check on the forum if someone is online instead of having to open ur xbox. (it will be like having the league members page from the GM Connected menu on the forum!)
Back to top Go down
http://nhlhockeysim.niceboard.net
Flames92
Simulator
Flames92

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2012, 11:34 pm

Open to other suggestions people may have
Back to top Go down

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 2:01 am

Hey i've got many suggestions when it comes to website maintenance i've found from the beginning it really very hard to navigate this site. Please don't take any of this personal I am no professional, but here are some things that I personally would consider doing to help ease of use.

My first thought is you need to do way to much scrolling which is very frustrating. Their really is no need for the huge pictures at the top like Giroux, Xbox 360 logo, Live every shift, Welcome to Hockey lives here and all that extra large typing is unnecessary. Example look at this Gm connected league top of page how clean it looks http://momleague.forumotion.com/.

My next suggestion would be to steal the team logo's like the website provided and have them at the top the same way and then add links of each logo directly to PM the GM of that team. Example you click on Habs logo at the top you go directly into personal message to me.

After that i would eliminate the teams section completely its too big and time consuming, and along the top now where you have Home, Faqs, Search, Members, Groups etc I would add Lineups and have a drop down menu with every team there and a link to there lineup where trade block etc can be done. Also I believe the info in Past section could be done drop down style as well as confirmed trades and General.

This would put almost all of the info you need right directly in front of you so you don't have to look around for it. For organizing games just PM your opponents for trade block do it in the lineups section etc.

Anyway as I said i'm no expert those are simply my feelings on how to improve the ease of use. I've got a few more minor things that could be tweaked as well if your interested in any of the ideas if not no worries.
Back to top Go down

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 10:32 am

The menu at top is small, but if your always loged in it doesn't really matter. thats why i considered puting the same look section in trades and matchups. with there user names just like it is on main part.
Back to top Go down
Flames92
Simulator
Flames92

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 1:58 pm

Cleanup 555704 those are some gd suggestions, I will look over some of those things in the future when I get the chance
Cleanup 6675 I will also try and trim it down with links directing you to the sections like you suggested

In the meantime, I hope these fews adjustments are tolerable for now. I think the xbox live thread is really helpful for those that wana see whos online at any moment, took me a while to figure that one out. Will be getting more busy now with exams coming but once I get the chance ill try and make it simpler
Back to top Go down
trisel39

trisel39

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2012, 3:40 pm

IMO is to much colours and grapfhic and is much beter have white backround
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleanup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanup   Cleanup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down